Friday, March 4, 2011

Simple. Sort of.


A few weeks back I did a small wedding cake for a church friend. She just wanted something very simple for their small wedding party.

I soon realized that very often the simplest cakes can be difficult to pull of because there's no room for flaws - they have to be perfect. You can't cover mistakes up with a multitude of decorations. It was a good reminder how important it is to have strong fundamental skills. Also to thanks to my friends Pat and Amy for helping me with the bow. To quote Mr. Wickham, "I can't be trusted. I have poor taste in ribbons."

4 comments:

Brenda Fisher said...

It's lovely. You have a gift with cakes my friend!

Cheryl said...

I love simple fondant cakes. :o)

Glennis said...

A lovely simple cake with beautiful floral decorations. Well done.

Unknown said...

Wishing you all the best for Christmas and our Best Wishes for the season!

Hugz,
Lucy