Thursday, February 28, 2008

Helen's Meatballs


Certain foods have the ability to make Ed very happy. If you're really lucky, he'll d a little jig in the kitchen to express how happy he really is. Carrie made us these meatballs for us once, and they were definitely jig-worthy.

Here's my effort to adapt that recipe for Helen's Meatballs. I doubled the recipe, used half beef, half ground pork, and used dehydrated onions. It's a great food storage recipe. Thanks, Carrie!


Also, because I'm either lazy or impatient, I didn't read the instructions. So I just browned the meatballs then put them on a sheet pan and finished cooking them in a low oven.

While the meatballs finished cooking, I made the sauce and then combined everything at the end.


2 comments:

Carrie said...

I like the idea of cooking the meatballs in the oven, they probably hold together better that way...
I'm glad you liked them!
PS: does your pantry smell like dehydrated onions? hee hee!!!

Holly Strong said...

Those look yummy, where's the recipe?!?!!?