Friday, January 9, 2009

A Clean Plate

In the spirit of the new year, I'd like to dump the few remaining food pictures that have been waiting patiently to be blogged. I'm going to save myself 4 hours and not include recipes, but let me know if you want me to post one. Ready, set, go!

Blackberry Hand Pies from Gourmet. For the filling: heat 2 cups blackberries, 1 grated golden delicious apple, sugar to taste (1/4 to 1/2 c.), pinch of salt, cinnamon if you want, and 2 T semolina (or other) flour. Use your favorite crust. Bake at 375 for 20 minutes or so.
My mom's amazingly retro Christmas cookie cutters. Something about them gives me major warm fuzzies. No, the one on the lower left is not a uterus.
Cream Cheese Sugar Cookie Dough

Coconut Brownies and Lemon Bars

Dinner at Britton's. Yum.

Caprese Salad


Carrot Cake
Clean out the fridge chef salad

Chicken Parmesan


Cranberry Galette

Penne with Mini Garlic Meatballs

German Oven Pancake. I love breakfast-dinners.

Grilled Potatoes with Fresh Herbs

Guacamole - on my list of "desert island" foods.

Nothing says I love you like a jam tart made from pastry scraps.

Oatmeal raisin scones with sugar/cinnamon topping. These are like big, soft, cakey oatmeal cookies. Great with a glass of cold milk, and I don't really like milk.

Making my mom's Sunday pot roast.

Adding the vegetabls. Coat them in dry onion soup mix or au jus powder.

Roast Chicken with aromatics

Roast Potatoes

Roasted Spaghetti Squash

Sour Cream Apple Pie

Banana Custard Tart

5 comments:

Scott said...

The blackberry hand pies were fantastic.

Amy said...

Someday when I grow up I want to be just like you!

cathy said...

Amy - are you kidding me? You made the best panini I've ever had, plus that awesome merengue cake. You're amazing!

amanda said...

oh my gosh, cathy. will you please come to ecuador with me and jonathan and be our cook? i have to learn to cook!!! those pictures are amazing.

Carrie said...

You go girl! I'm overwhelmed by your iron homemaker skillz! Whatcha gonna make next Friday night?? I'm super excited!