Scalloped Potatoes with Three Cheeses
This recipe is from one of my favorite cookbook authors, Rick Rogers. I was so happy with how it turned out. Sure, it takes a little time to cut all of those potatoes, but there is also something strangely redemptive about making something from milk, potatoes, flour, and cheese and have it taste so darn good.
- This recipe lends itself well to improvisation. Add whatever cheese you want (and have) and embellish with herbs, ham, or vegetables.
- I forgot to add the onion - it was still good
- I switched out the blue cheese for the the tamer (and available in my fridge) monterey jack. It was still fabulous.
- If you have a convection oven, use that setting as it gave the top a nice, crispy, burnished coat.
- I was very liberal with the salt and pepper. You'll need more than you think. Take into account the saltiness of your cheese as well.