Sunday, September 7, 2008

Luke's Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies


Our nephew Luke was visiting from England in August, and mowed through these chocolate chip cookies. Here's the recipe, Luke!

Luke's Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 c. unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 c. vegetable shortening
1 1/3 c. dark brown sugar
1 1/3 c. white sugar
4 T. corn syrup (or golden syrup)
2 T. cider or white vinegar
4 lg. eggs, room temperature
2 T. vanilla extract
1 t. salt
1 t. baking powder
1 t. baking soda
5 cups flour
2 bags (about 4 cups) chocolate chips
Cream butter and shortening until well mixed and fluffy. Gradually add sugars, corn syrup, and vinegar and beat until light and fluffy, 3-5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Stir in flour and chocolate chips. If the dough still looks extremely soft, add a little more flour.

Chill the dough at least 1 hour, or if possible, overnight (I find if I bake these right away, they spread to much.) For large cookies, bake at 375 for 12-15 minutes. I use parchment-lined baking sheets. Adjust baking time and temp as necessary. Let cool on trays for a few minutes before transferring to a rack.

This makes a ton of cookies, so half the recipe if you want, but I like to make a full recipe and freeze logs of the chilled dough for future use.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Those look really good right now! Yummy.

Organized Chaos said...

I am going to try these right now!

Amy said...

I made half a batch last weekend. They were delicious! My Father in law didn't get any. I am making a full batch this time. Half for my father in law and the other half for a court of honor on Sunday. Once again Great recipe!!

Amy said...

Cathy any time I make chocolate chip cookies anymore this is the recipe I use. Thank you for the great recipe!